Date:      08 Dec 1998 17:37:26 +0100
From:      arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr (Arno J. Klaassen)
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   devfs questions

Hi,

for the last couple of months, I use DEVFS without any problem
on a current PII-SMP system. I added the next line to my fstab:

   devfs                   /dev            devfs   rw              0       0

I, however, have two questions related to devfs:
 - `mount' gives me the following two lines:

   devfs on dummy_mount (local)
   devfs on /dev (local)

   where is this dummy_mount coming from?

 - more seriously, I just happen to add a 6th disk to the system, and
   devfs just provides me with 5 da devices.
   How do I force devfs to provide for at least a da6 device as well?

Thanx a lot in advance.

Amicalement,

  Arno J. Klaassen

--

  INSERM U483 Creare,
  University Pierre et Marie Curie,  Boite 23