Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:26:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, silby@silby.com
Subject:   Re: Headsup: Tcp ISN generation changes from 4.2 to 4.3

> Consequently, I have just committed patches to -current and -stable which
> allow you to select the tcp initial sequence number generation scheme used
> by your system.  If you don't wish to cvsup just for this patch, you may
> instead obtain it from http://www.silby.com/patches/multiple_isn_schemes.patch
> and manually apply the patch yourself.

 I've been having problems connecting to some older mainframe machines
 after the upgrade to 4.3-RELEASE, and was hoping this might be the
 culprit.  (Actually, the problems are that the older mainframe TCP/IP
 seems to go south now with any outbound FTP transfer (FreeBSD->mainframe)
 where they didn't before.)

 However, your patches do not apply cleanly to a 4.3-RELEASE
 system... are these meant for 4.3-STABLE only?

	 - Thanks! -
       - Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847