Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:40:09 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>, Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>, FreeBSD chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: In the spirit of Godwin's law - who wrote it?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz> writes:
>> So, just to make sure I understand:  Hitler created television
>> to rot our brains, Stalin ported Opera and Flash to Palm OS, and RMS
>> is a closet fascist who's pushing Youtube onto the Verizon network?
>>
>> Does it follow that Rush Limbaugh is the Promised One, then?
>
> We've come full circle!  The last flame war we had about the fortunes
> file was triggered by a batch of Rush Limbaugh quotes...

Of course, now the question is, was this by chance, on purpose,
inevitable Evolution, or proof of Intelligent Design?  :-D

Or maybe we should formulate a new law?

$ChanceOfRegression= ($ThreadlifeMinutes/($n[posts] + $n[participants])

"For any flame war on the FBSD lists, the chance that
the thread will return to the subject of the previous
flame war is equal to the thread's lifetime in minutes
divided by the some of the number of posts and number
of participants?"*

Kevin Kinsey
--
* a casual glance shows that if this is true, our
chance of reverting to Rush Limbaugh was about 43

Life is a concentration camp.  You're stuck here and there's no way
out and you can only rage impotently against your persecutors.
		-- Woody Allen