Date:      Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:00:04 +0100
From:      Axel Burwitz <axel.burwitz@arcor.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ext2fs: strange behaviour after alternativ boot into other OS

Hi,

is maybe somenone also noticing the following behaviour in FreeBSD 7.0
RC1 on his system:

- have besides the FreeBSD slice additional some data partitions with
ext2 on two discs in my system. As long as I only boot with FreeBSD,
everything fine.
- but when I occasionally boot with XP (from there I access via IFS the
ext2fs [URL="http://www.fs-driver.org/"]http://www.fs-driver.org/[/URL]
) or with Linux and access these partitions,
- then after following boot into FreeBSD these partitions don't get
mounted, but I have to fix them with fsck first and then can mount them

in  6.2 I had not seen this behaviour

regards
Axel