Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:08:55 -0400
From:      "Toll, Eric" <etoll@vipstructures.com>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with the command mail

Greetings all, I have a problem with my AMD64 FreeBSD server
which is:

FreeBSD rodan.vipstructures.com 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD
5.4-RELEASE #0: Fri May 13 12:55:54 EDT 2005
eric@rodan.vipstructures.com:/u
sr/obj/usr/src/sys/HAMMER  amd64

When I used the command 'mail' the system does NOTHING.  I
don't know what I did or did not do to break this.  System
is running Postfix flawlessly.  System can also run sendmail
with out any issues.  Below is a paste from my term session.

[eric@rodan]/home/eric(100): su
Password:
You have mail.
[root@rodan]/home/eric(101)# mail
[root@rodan]/home/eric(102)# mailq
Mail queue is empty
[root@rodan]/home/eric(103)# which mail
/usr/bin/mail
[root@rodan]/home/eric(104)#

When I login as root, system tells me I have mail, yet the
file /var/mail/root is empty.

Any pointers or tips would be greatly apprecaited.=20

TIA
Eric