Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:06:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      faisal gillani <fasi_74@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   unix password limit

Hello

 Well 6 month ago i started learning Unix/linux among
which i learned Solaris,Redhat Linux,Mandrake
Linux,Slackware Linux & freeBSD Unix
FreeBSD is by far the Best & my fav UNIX i like it so
much that i purchase internet here in pakistan to
download it,s ISO image "to bad there is no freebsd
resaller here in pakistan also ordering from internet
is very costly for us ".
now i think my newbie days are over & i am moving
towards my intermediate level .
there are a few quetions in my head still from which i
will ask one today ..
Unix has a limit on username which is 8 chareaters
right ? but i have seen unix systems taking a lot more
then that .. how do we make it do that can someone
tell me please ?

thanks
Faisal