Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:28:44 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        nate@yogotech.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, papowell@astart.com, Doug@gorean.org, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

In message <200006271409.IAA04044@nomad.yogotech.com>, Nate Williams writes:

>> We're not Joe's Print Server Corp.  That's Joe's problem, not ours.
>
>No, it's ours, in that the software we have currently (which is used by
>Joe's Printer Server Corp.) works fine for Joe, and he has no licensing
>issues at all.

If Joe is in the print server business, I am absolutely damn certain
that he has made modifications to the lp{rdc} stuff we have in our
tree, so I *seriously* doubt he would want to switch to LPRng in the
first place.

... Unless he already has sorted out the license and is using LPRng.

Should anybody be wildly emotionally attached to the current lp{rdc}
stuff, they can always dig it out of the reposistory and make it
a port if they feel like it.

Lets get LPRng in and be done with it.

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe