Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:51:04 +0100
From:      "Daniel Geske" <danielgeske@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Remote Installation from Sources

Hi all,

I have a very specific question about installing FreeBSD.
In my network I've got one FreeBSD machine running. In fact, I'm so
amazed by this OS FreeBSD that I would like to use it on all my network
now.
So I have this other pc, with a 5gig hd of free space. That's where I'd
like to install. I just don't want to install from the www (through my
isdn line) neither do I want to get CDs. Instead, I'd like to install
from that host FreeBSD already runs on. It cvsups src-all and ports-all
regularly. Distfiles are kept too. With all the data already downloaded
onto this computer, I'd like to install from there.
Here's the question: How do I do it?
I suppose I'd have to get a boot floppy for that new host, prepare the
hd, ...and then? I figure I'd have to run something like makeworld.
How do I build a system with sources on host A, from host B, for host B?
Can this be done? Where can I find info on this? Has anyone had
experience with such procedure? Am I on the wrong way and need more than
just the sources?
I'd be happy to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

Daniel