Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:12:14 -0000
From:      "Rob" <rob@robhulme.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Putting my box through its paces... make world?!?

Hi,

I've just replaced the memory on a co located server that I have because it
kept crashing with page faults and stuff... It was suggested before that it
might have been crashing because the memory was bad, and whenever there was
a lot of activity on the box it would crash...

Now I've replaced the memory I'd like to really put it through its paces to
see if it crashes or not.

I'm quite new to FreeBSD - but can I just:

cd /usr/src
buildworld

If I do this - it won't actually change any of the configuration of my
system will it? It won't replace any files (the kernel, etc...) - all it
will do is rebuild the source (but not install it) - right?

Is this the right thing to do?

Thanks
-Rob :0)

http://www.robhulme.com