Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:36:46 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        "Alexander V. Polyakov" <alex@ineos.ac.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   lnc0: Initialisation failed

>>>>> ""Alexander" == "Alexander V Polyakov" <alex@ineos.ac.ru> writes:

"Alexander> Yesterday I upgraded to a new motherboard and after that
"Alexander> the ifconfig returns `Initialisation failed', though I'm
"Alexander> still using the same old kernel and my PCI network cards
"Alexander> are recognized by the lnc driver during the boot process.

If you're still using the same kernel my first guess would be that the
cards have "moved" addresses from one board to the other. You'll need
to find out where they're being put on the new motherboard and change
the config appropriately. Stefan's going to send me some patches to
look at any day now that provide full PCI support, aren't you Stefan :-)