Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:33:10 -0500
From:      "M. Avillez" <mavillez@amnh.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with network init

Hi all,

Have a problem with the network set up of my laptop running 4.1-RELEASE.

Every time I boot the machine it was supposed to init network and the
device ep0.

However, I found out that I have to ifconfig ep0 <IP> after the booting
and cannot resolv adresses. I have to
ping or telnet the IP number. Latelly if I am not using the net, I loose
the setup and there again I have to ifconfig ep0 <IP>

Everything was setup properly: IP, gateway, DNS etc etc ...

Did anyone got this behaviour with the network set up?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks

Miguel