Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:42:03 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <mlobo@digiart.art.br>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loading a win 2012 hyper-V VM in Virtualbox

Hi;

I created a windows 2012 64 bit VM in VBox to run this VM. The
original disk was a .vhdx which I converted to .vdi via VBoxManage.

I've been trying to load this VM into virtualbox but I can't get it to
boot. VBox msg: "No bootable device found"

I know the disk is fine because I attached it on a VBox Windows 8 VM I
have and I can see all 4 partitions (recovery, system, UEFI and OS),
access the data on the OS partition, etc. The disk shows as OK on
gparted live CD also.

I tried checking EFI on VBox but that didn't do any good.

I've posted on vbox-users list but have no got any response that could
solve this yet.

I've been googling for a fews days but so far no info
that I found gave me any hint on solving this.

Would anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,
--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."