Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP pool management in ppp

  I'm thinking about using FreeBSD to setup a PPP server.  However, I
don't where ppp handles IP pools.  I know that you can specify a subnet
for the client IP negotiation, but is ppp smart enough to not give out
addresses in use by other instances of ppp?  I guess ppp could walk the
list of already active tunX interfaces, to determine what IPs in the
subnet have already been assigned?

  Are people running large PPP servers on FreeBSD?  By large, I'm thinking
100+ simultaneous PPP sessions.

Tom