Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 00:37:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        "Andrew N. Edmond" <edmond@uwyo.edu>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VoxWare 3.5?

[ Message followup redirected to -current]

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > I have heard VoxWare 3.5 has been released, where even the -current
> > versions only have v3.0.  I have tried to find v3.5 through all the search
> > engines on the net, but so far, no deal.
>
> VoxWare changed its licensing.  Now it is impossible to distribute
> kernel binaries including the new drivers.  This was discussed on the
> -hackers and -cutrrent lists at some length.

TASD 3.5 will eventually become the base for the -current sound driver.
Also, I have heard a *rumor* (I'll check on this and get back to ya folks)
that USS Lite is now under the standard GPL.  If this is the case, then we
may need to open up this discussion again :(

Sujal