Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:15:25 +0800 (BNT)
From:      Stefanus Du Toit <sdt@gmx.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2nd IDE controller

Hi,

I've been running FreeBSD for half a week now - it's great - but
unfortunately have so far been unable to get it to recognise my second IDE
controller. I checked in Linux + Windows 98, it's definitely at 0x170, but
whenever I boot up FreeBSD it tells me "wdc1 not found at
0x170". Interesting is also the fact that my BIOS lists a few devices
(PCI, I think) at startup, including the _first_ IDE controller (at 0x1f0,
irq 14), but _not_ the second one (and yet the second controller works
without problems on the other OSes on here).

If anybody could give me any advice or hints, I would appreciate that very
much.

I'm running FreeBSD 3.4 Stable (January 2000) on a 686 with pretty much
standard hardware.

Thanks!

--
Stefanus Du Toit * WorldForger * Unix Hacker * Open Source Fanatic
mailto:sdt@gmx.net * http://www.worldforge.org/ * http://ultracool.net/