Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:18:18 -0500
From:      "bmcwest@worldinter.net" <bmcwest@worldinter.net>
To:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Please add our new port to your page, people need to know about it.

  To whom it may concern.

  Please update your list of the applications available for

 free BSD.  Software Forge Inc. has ported and done the native

 build and quality assurance tests on FreeBSD of our award winning
LinuxCAD

  drafting software.

     LinuxCAD is a general purpose drafting program for Linux that

 plovides features of AutoCAD , Visio and Corel Draw in single combinaed

program.

   LinuxCAD can be used in:
       Mechanical Engineering drafting,
       Architectural Drafting,
       Software Development Flowcharting ,
       Entity Relationship Diagramming,
       Network planning,
       System Administration Diagramming and you can actually start
       your sysadmin tasks from inside LinuxCAD,
       PCB and schematic design ( easily integrated with routing
programs ),
       Geographicsl Information Systems,
       Any kind of drafting where integration with database is
important,
       Floor plans for buildings and facilities,
       2D LOGGING OF SOFTWARE PROCESSES.

  Among our customers are more the three thousand individuals worldwide
and
companies such as Argonne National Laboratory, NASA, California Jet
Propulsion Laboratory, Motorola Inc., Boeing Inc.

  I am sure you will do the readers of your web site a good service by
adding a link to our   www.linuxcad.com  web page.  Our software is not
inferior to other packages you already linked to.

    As far as FreeBSD is concerned we were very impressed with a quality

and ease of installation of WalnutCreek FreeBSD Desktop Edition package
that
is based on KDE. Also  the pthread library implementation looks firly
decent.
  The system comes with gcc 2.95 which is particulary nice.  The only
surprise was
seeming bug in FreeBSD tar implementation that was failing on us half
way on tar files longer
then 100Meg. If not that we would  our master  build and developemnt
environment to FreeBSD.

SIncerely Yours

Robert Weaver
Software Forge Inc.
www.linuxcad.com
www.softwareforge.com
unixguy@aol.com
( developers of the leading grphics and drafting programm for Linux,
FreeBSD,
Solaris, QNX ).