Date:      Sun, 4 Dec 2005 18:32:37 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        "ke.han" <ke.han@redstarling.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Q ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to track 6.0 increments ?

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:20:06AM +0800, ke.han wrote:
> I have installed 6.0 and would like to follow important changes before=20
> something labeled 6.1 comes out.
> What is the prescribed method for this?
>=20
> I don't want to follow current or stable (I don't think).  I just want=20
> security fixes and other changes that might be termed 6.01 if there were=
=20
> such a thing.

Create a cvsup-file with=20

*default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_6_0

This will only give you important security fixes. If there are fixes,
you can find them on the FreeBSD homepage, under SECURITY ADVISORIES.

If a advisory has come out, use cvsup to update the sources, and rebuild
your kernel and userland as documented at the end of /usr/src/UPDATING
under the heading 'To rebuild everything and install it on the current
system". Note; you have to be in /usr/src to build world+kernel.

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt