Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 1997 22:00:55 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcom.net>
To:        "Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez" <rafareta@mexcom.net>
Cc:        mark abrenio <mabren@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape problems.

--------------15198AAA37B91346742DB1FD

Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez wrote:

> mark abrenio wrote:
> >
> > could someone please help me out.
> > when i run netscape i get all these errors.i mean i get like millions.
> > and it says that i need to set the variable for my KEYsmbd file or
> > something like that.
> >
> > can someone please help me out with this??
> >
> > thanks!!..

> Can you read what it says when you start netscape, after you type
> netscape at the prompt terminal window?
>
> You can achive it by pressing Ctrl-C after the return.
I suggest that you start with the README file.  What is it they
say?  RTFreadme?  What ever.  I'm including a few lines that
will solve your problem.

--------------15198AAA37B91346742DB1FD

 * Included with all distributions is a file called XKeysymDB.  Without this
   file, many warnings about "unknown keysyms" will be generated when the
   program starts up, and most keyboard equivalents won't work.  This is a
   general problem with running Motif programs on systems not configured for
   Motif, and so will be necessary on most Sun systems.

   This file is included with all packages because some systems have an older
   version of this file, so you may still get some warnings.  The XKeysymDB
   file normally goes in /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB or /usr/openwin/lib/XKeysymDB,
   but you can override that with XKEYSYMDB environment variable.

 * Also included with all distributions is a file called Netscape.ad, which
   lists the default resources which are built in to the program.  It is
   not necessary to install this; it is provided for informational purposes.
   See the comment at the top of Netscape.ad for more information.

--------------15198AAA37B91346742DB1FD--