Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 13:49:06 +0400
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: irc.freebsd.org

On Tue, Jun 17, 1997 at 10:48:23AM +0300, mika ruohotie wrote:
> > if you move it to efnet we'll start getting lamers doing
> ofcourse one could also ignore msgs from everyone else but listed people...
> > I jump onto BSDnet for exactly that reason - a lame-free (well, almost ..
> > but the lame ones are expelled quickly) network.

As I mentioned, BSDnet IRC network seems to be dedicated to one special
reason/topic, thus it's open as normal IRC network.

> but for a long time irc-addict, that's where major part of one's pals are...
Let's assimilate BSDnet into IRCnet also, - gives huge amount of 'good old
pals' also. This is the way to awoid BSDnet to be accepted by EFFnet ;-)

> yes, i know the advantages of a "closed" network...

Aha, by closing I/i:lines, and making them as restricted as ident'ed u@h can be
 you can do this, but the only problem is it's useless.

> > Isn't that difficult is it?

As it is usually done in the world, the following folks have to decide, and
I never doubt in their wisdom:

421 Your host is irc.FreeBSD.ORG[burka.rdy.com], running version 2.8.21+CSr29
256 Administrative info about irc.FreeBSD.ORG
257 Dima Ruban  (rdy)  dima@FreeBSD.ORG
258 Alternative Contact -
259 Charlie Root, root@FreeBSD.ORG

> well, ok, i give up, running one more irc gives me 50 lines scrolling
> space, which is better than the same amount shared with several channels...
> ofcourse, i still have to change highlight to another xterm...

> > Adrian Chadd			| "Unix doesn't stop you from doing
> mickey

Seems like the following discussion is useless also, btw.

-mishania