Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:13:10 -0400
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail configuration using m4

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 12:06:18PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> I'd appreciate some pointers to configuring sendmail with m4
>
> I wish to enable virtusertable & genericstable features, so that
> virtual hosting & reverse mapping works
>
> sendmail & m4 seem to be installed by default in 4.0 RELEASE,
> but I haven't installed all the source files as the machines in question
> are only used as gateway / routers for permanent dialup modem
> connections to the internet, and I'd rather not devote hundreds of
> Mb's of hard drive space to stuff that will probably never get used.
>
> I understand I've gotta create an ".mc" file, but have no idea where
> to start ..... seems nobody bothered to write any docs about this stuff

Lotsa documentation and examples in the sendmail source,

  ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/sendmail.8.10.1.tar.gz

Or get the source that matches the release on your machine. Look at
the cf/README file and in the cf/cf directory in the unzipped, untared
source for a start. Use one of the examples in cf/cf as a .mc-file to
build from.