Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 09:50:21 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        "Jeppe W. Larsen" <jwl@io.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is this your culture?

Jeppe W. Larsen wrote:
> Hi there
*snip*

> -If you want to be seen and get status, you have to show what you are
> good at

Change that to 'you have to contribute to the project'

> -We are the helpfull faceless people
> -In the end, it is the code that matters most

Not just code, the quality of the code also matters a great deal.
I for one value ten lines of good code higher then hundred lines of
bad code.
Anyone can write code, but it takes atleast some skill to write high
quality code. FreeBSD, as well as the BSD's in general, have always
been known for high quality, standards compliant code.