Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:39:50 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Rob Simmons" <rsimmons@wlcg.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IMAP

G'day Rob ....... thanks for the response

> I would suggest running imap-uw-ssl or imap-uw and stunnel.  Both of these
configurations are easy to setup.

OK .... I'll look for those shortly

The security flaw in imap-uw is not relevent if you allow your users shell
access.  Check  www.securityfocus.com for details about the problem.

OK

 I would also suggest that you don't allow access to non-ssl imap.  imap ssl
is supported by all the major email clients.

I think the only email clients likely to be acceptable here are Outlook
Express in Windows (very user friendly even if awfuly unstable), & Netscape
in Unix (only fair to muddling but what alternatives exist ??) The current
version of Eudora is excessively messy & the other clients I've seen don't
handle multiple accounts well.