Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:30:00 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, kostikbel@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: impossible packet length ...

>  > bce(4) is broken in stable, your best option is to revert to the
>  > driver in releng 7.1.
>
> Is anybody working on fixing bce(4) in stable?  As far as
> I can see in the repository, nothing happened recently.
> The last commit in releng 7 was in December last year.

I am slightly surprised by all of this, as I have a lot of
machines with bce inerfaces, and they all work properly
in STABLE. I realise that everyones situation is different,
but I wouldnt say it's entirely broken. Certainly they work
well enough on HP servers. I wouldnt be too afraid of deploying
on this hardware.

-pete.