Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2003 10:06:58 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        billn <billn@yelmtel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Raid 5 - Vinum or Raidframe?

--ZixuE2NkFB3de4Gg

On Friday,  3 October 2003 at 10:49:30 -0700, billn wrote:
> Plus some other questions. I'm currently unable to get vinum to work in
> FreeBSD 4.8, even after careful reading of the docs.
>
> 4.8 is giving me "Operation Not Permitted" when I attempt to start
> vinum. I've read the 4.8 specific section in the docs, followed it.
> Still no joy.
>
> Muchly thanks for any assistance.

You show me yours, I'll show you mine.  How can I help when I don't
know what you've done?  There are detailed instructions about how to
report problems in the man page, and also at
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html.

Greg
NOTE: Due to the currently active Microsoft-based worms, I am limiting
all incoming mail to 131,072 bytes.  This is enough for normal mail,
but not for large attachments.  Please send these as URLs.

--ZixuE2NkFB3de4Gg

--ZixuE2NkFB3de4Gg--