Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:37:09 +0200
From:      Nico -telmich- Schottelius <nico-freebsd-scsi@schottelius.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting mpt-status to FreeBSD?

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

Hello guys!

I just found mpt-status in Linux and wondered how much work it would be
to have a simlar functionality in FreeBSD.

I was thinking about some possible ways:

- porting mpt-status + kernel code from Linux to FreeBSD (as in rewrite,
  because GPL !=3D BSD)
  =3D> Much work I guess
- Modifying FreeBSD's mpt to export same information in same format
  =3D> Should be possible, if the mpt drivers already knows about the
  status
- Create freebsd-mpt-status tool that reads freebsds mpt driver
  information, if already available
  =3D> Sounds like the best solution for me

So my questions now are:

- Is the needed information (online drives, status of arrays) already in th=
e driver?

   o If not, did anyone try to use the information from the Linux driver to=
 make mpt
      from FreeBSD know the same information?

   o If yes, is the needed information exported to userspace somewhere?

Thanks for any hints

Nico

--=20
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--