Date:      Sat, 05 Jan 2013 22:09:05 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update to SASL breaks sendmail

On 1/5/2013 8:55 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

> Base sendmail doesn't link with sasl by default.  If you had edited
> Makefiles or make.conf to enable that, running "make clean all install
> clean" in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/ should build and install just the new
> sendmail.  Or, if you had installed the mail/sendmail port with sasl
> enabled, force-upgrade that port using your favorite method.

	Good news:
	Rebuilt sendmail per above, and it starts without complaining.
	Bad news:
	Mail is not flowing in or out.  Looking at /var/log/maillog, I'm
guessing this has to do with the line:

	sm-mta: smtpquit: mailer local exited with exit value 1

	It also complains about my .forward being group-writable, when it is 750.

				Robert Huff