Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:00:19 +0100
From:      "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>
To:        "Moore, Robert" <robert.moore@intel.com>
Cc:        rodrigc@crodrigues.org, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop won't power off

On 2/23/07, Moore, Robert <robert.moore@intel.com> wrote:
> On linux, the compiler must be generated with the "flex-old" package, I
> don't know if there is anything like it for bsd. We are looking at
> making changes to support newer versions of flex/bison.

Bob,
we don't have a flex-old package, so we'll have to wait till the new
version becomes available. By the way, the asl code compiles without
warning using the iasl apt package on Ubuntu, so the problem is
definitely not with the asl.

> Power problems: sorry, not the expert in this area.
For everyone else:
By disabling SMP I could get to a stage where, at the end of the
shutdown process, this message is displayed (with SMP enabled, the
screen turns black and I can't read messages):

AcpiEnterSleepStatePrep failed - AE_NOT_FOUND

So, any ideas on that?

--
Pietro Cerutti

- ASCII Ribbon Campaign -