Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 01:18:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Antonio Varela Lizardi <antonio@icon.net.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   loosing kernel config

Hi,

  I've just upgraded my home internet gateway (generic 486DX2) from
2.2.7-RELEASE to 3.1-RELEASE, clean installation (backup, format, install,
reconfiguring from scratch [more fun]). I've been using the generic
kernel, but I wonder why I'm loosing the device configuration (tuned with
boot -c) each time I reboot the machine. Ie, I delete all scsi stuff and
all ethercards but ed0 (and also I need to change ioaddr and irq of ed0)
and when rebooting, it's all back again with the default settings. I've
recompiled a custom kernel and it's going fine, but this didn't happen
with 2.2.7. Did I mess something? Any hint will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Antonio