Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:59:39 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Jon Yamashita <jon@wurldlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: name server

[ Cc: list trimmed a bit ]

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:09:46PM -1000, Jon Yamashita wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>>On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 01:21:38PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
>>> The experts will probably regard this as a technical question & get mad if I
>>> don't copy it to the questions list

>>> Having looked high & low for years for such a creature I'm fairly confident
>>> that there isn't any such beast in existence :)
>>
>> Well, to be frank, the DNS-HOWTO of the Linux Documentation Project was of
>> immense help when I was trying to find out how a name server has to be set up.
>> It's not part of the FreeBSD Doc. Project, but since it came handy I think you
>> might want to check it out :)
>
> Thanks Giorgos, would you have the web page for that?

The LDP (Linux Documentation Project) pages can be found at

	http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/index.html>;

The HOWTOs are available from

	http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html

and the DNS howto, which is what you are quite likely most interested in can
be located at

[HTML]		http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/DNS-HOWTO.html
[PostScript]	ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/ps/DNS-HOWTO.ps.gz
[PDF]		ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/DNS-HOWTO.pdf
[DVI]		ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/dvi/DNS-HOWTO.dvi.gz
[DocBook]	ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/docbook/DNS-HOWTO.sgml.gz
[HTML tarball]	ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html/DNS-HOWTO-html.tar.gz

So, pick your format and enjoy :-)

--giorgos