Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:03:16 +0100
From:      "andys" <a.smith@ukgrid.net>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpt errors QUEUE FULL EVENT, freebsd 7.0 on dell 1950

Hi,

  Im seeing repeated errors relating to the mpt driver in my messages file
on FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p5. The server is a dell 1950. The error is:

kernel: mpt0: QUEUE FULL EVENT: Bus 0x00 Target 0x08 Depth 122

The hardware info from pciconf is:

hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) 2 port Serial ATA Storage
Controller 2'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = ATA
mpt0@pci0:5:0:0:        class=0x010000 card=0x1f0e1028 chip=0x00581000
rev=0x08 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'LSI Logic (Was: Symbios Logic, NCR)'
    device     = 'SAS 3000 series, 8-port with 1068E -StorPort'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = SCSI

Im not sure how you upgrade drivers in freebsd, but I believe mpt is in the
kernel so I have tried upgrading using freebsd-update which took me to
release p5 but I still have the same problem.
Can anyone help?

thanks alot!

Andy.