Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:31:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garance A Drosehn <gad@santropez.acs.rpi.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Subject:   ports/12725: minor glitch in bash2 install

>Number:         12725
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Doing a 'make install' for bash2 gets install-info error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	I'm building a system onto a new disk, so I just installed
	3.2-STABLE (as of a few hours ago).  After the initial install
	of the system and a few key packages, I went to build bash2.

	I went to /usr/ports/shells/bash2
	did a     make, make install
	and the 'make install' got an error (which was ignored) because
	install-info was executed with '--defentry=' in the Makefile for
        work/bash-2.03/doc/Makefile.  Apparently the install-info which
	is currently part of 3.2-STABLE does not recognize that option.

>How-To-Repeat:

	See description.

>Fix:

	What I did was just delete the line with '--defentry=' from
	the Makefile, but I imagine the real fix is to get a newer
	version of install-info that recognizes that option.