Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:43:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Email Etiquette on this list

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Scott Gerhardt wrote:

> - Replies are posted at the _TOP_ of the message; saves scrolling
> when following a long thread and keeps everything is reverse
> chronological order.

This has to be the worst habit I have EVER seen.  How would you like
to read a book where the first paragraph was at the end of the book
and each subsequent paragraph came before it until you finally got to
the beginning of the book, while each individual paragraph maintains
the standard downward flow of text.  That would be a pain in the arse.
The natural flow of the entire e-mail should be just like anything
else we write in this world (in English, at least), which is DOWN.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet