Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 21:31:40 -0500
From:      Gilbert Kaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp -> browser

I have a pnp modem installed . When executing user ppp under 2.2.8 I am
able to connect to my isp where the user and password are accepted. From
that point I am at a loss as to how to proceed. I have tried invoking
lynx at the ppp prompt; but in fact I don't understand the relationship
of the browser task to the parent process . Is there a log that would
help me correlate my keyboard input with activity over the communication
line? How is the browser process associated with the communication line?
( does it involve an configuration file or is it know by default as a
result of being a spawned process ?)