Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:47:49 -0400
From:      "Ethan Gilchrist" <ethan@randominformation.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Thank you!

Woohoo! Okay. Disabling Pnp in the bios worked so now my card gets the info
it needs via dhcp no problem. My only question now is just how do I go about
getting it to actually connect to the net? I know that normally I would need
an account name and password however in winblows I don't. When I turn on my
comp it simply connects. Nothing's stored in the way of account info or
anything like that. It just does it on its own. I'd like to set up FreeBSD
to do the same but I'm not sure which files I have to edit to do so.

Oh and I'm still seeing the "faith0" entry in the list of interfaces when I
go into /stand/sysinstall, configure but it doesn't seem to be actually
affecting anything so for the moment I'm not going to worry about it.

Thank you so much for answering my question before. I can't believe it was
something so damned simple that was causing the problem. *snickerfit* Oh
well.

Ethan