Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 1998 10:24:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <root@image.dk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X over ppp

How do I run X over ppp?

I have X running on my home machine, which I call
darla.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk; local ip 192.168.0.10

I call to my isp/work, and there I log into my workmachine: fanny.my.isp
I get the adress modem1112.my.isp.

How do I start a X window?
just xterm (typed in a shell on fanny) gives the message that it can't
find the adress for darla, which it shouldn't be blamed for, as darla
isn't known outside the walls of my home. (Well, you here on the list have
heard about her some times....

 fanny$ xterm -display modem1112.my.isp

gives permission denied.

On darla at home I have done "xauth add fanny.my.isp . abcd"

This abcd, hexadecimal key, is this supposed to be presented from fanny
somehow to connect to the display on darla?

PS: This is NOT from root@image.dk, if I have screwed up my
sendmail-configs. reply to leifn@image.dk