Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:44:55 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Turion 64 X2 support in future versions of FreeBSD.

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 06:50, Michael wrote:
> On 7/7/06, Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com> wrote:
> > Michael wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for advice! I've tried that, but no luck - absolutely the same
> > > result. The reason why I was asking about *support* for that processor
> > > is, that there is no mention for X2 in
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64.html. Only Turion 64, and no
> > > X2. And personally I think, that things breaks because of second core
> > > of CPU :-\
> >
> > It's still a x86-64 CPU. The problem is most likely with the bios/acpi.
>
> I think so, and hope this will be fixed in 6.2. Here goes my dmesg
> with ACPI disabled, i was trying to get dmesg with ACPI enabled but
> got text files contained ^@ things...
>
> Is there anything else I can give?..

I would really need to see the dmesg with ACPI enabled.  Also, when your
machine is slow, have you checked to see if you have a high number of
interrupts (via vmstat -i or systat -vmstat)?  Are there any extra messages
in dmesg after boot once it is slow?   Can you get the output of 'sysctl
hw.acpi' when it is slow?

--
John Baldwin