Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:10:28 GMT
From:      Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/76959: Update port: math/polymake: patches has grown once again

The following reply was made to PR ports/76959; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To: Ewgenij Gawrilow <gawrilow@math.TU-Berlin.DE>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:08:46 +0100

 Am 03. Feb 2005 um 12:46 CET schrieb Ewgenij Gawrilow:

 >     Volker> Hm, on 4.11 I get an endless loop with: Please specify a
 >     Volker> path to g++ : [none] seems not to be any of the supported
 >     Volker> C++ compilers (GNU, Intel, Comeau);
 >
 > The configure script expects that the CXX variable supplied by the
 > Makefile points to the g++ executable of the version 3.3 or later.
 > GCC is recognized if the executable name ends with g++, c++,
 > g++-VERSION, or c++-VERSION.  If it is not an absolute path, it should
 > be accessible via PATH.

 cd /stolz@menelaos [13:07:45]> cd /usr/ports/math/polymake/
 polymake@menelaos [13:07:47]> make -V CXX
 c++
 polymake@menelaos [13:07:50]> c++ -v
 Using builtin specs.
 gcc version 2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]

 > Another reason for the failure can be that the package has not been
 > tested with FreeBSD 4.x at all, only with 5.3.  It requires perl >=
 > 5.6.1, which seems to be missing in the 4.x

 I have perl 5.6.2 installed.
 --
 http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME