Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:35:46 +0100
From:      "laurens van alphen" <lva@dds.nl>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: What do people think of May 1st for a 3.2 release  date?

All of this (non-quoted) is IMO:

Michael wrote:
> Probably you should stick to the original release time. Duplicators and
> poeple who live in far away places can allways cvs the fixes.

Rich: you sure have a vote and i certainly give you one. To sum thing up:

- We don't release 3.2 as yet, postpone until May.
- Release 3.1.1 now but don't build the CD set. There are several reasons
  for this:
  - as pointed out by others people are just about to install their 3.1-R;
  - this will mean not all the fixed go into 3.1.1 since pr's for 3.1-R will
    be dripping in the next few weeks (that's why i (among others) feel 3.2
    is really bad at this time - rememeber this is the -stable branche);
  - people will experience this shiny disc overload as a waste: too
expensive
    and may cancel their subscription;
  - changes aren't that huge (are they?) so people will be able to CVSUP.
One
    wish would be for proper documentation on what's fixed when (other than
    the pr database - or make it more accessable for regular (that is non-
    contributing) users.
  I won't go into details is this was just intended to be a trunover boost
for WC
  because I feel it certainly not ;)

Cheers,

--