Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:54:05 -0500
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Qmail - envelope rewrite

Greetings,
I have installed and configured Qmail on my
FreeBSD 4.3-release server.  My 'clients'
are running Outlook as their mail reader.
The popper that comes with Qmail is what is
running on the server.  In order to get
outlook to 'pop' the mail off the server, the
'service' for my qmail box must be listed
first (in outlook).

The problem is, that when email is composed and
sent from the outlook client, and the address
is not on the Qmail server, the qmail box forwards
it on.  But... the qmail box in on our private lan.
It has a private IP (192.168.1.X), and we are
running our own DNS server for our private IP's.

So, based on the rejected emails, It looks like I
have to rewrite the email envelope to be from the
user, in order to get it to work.  Any pointers on
how to do this?

thanks,
Darryl