Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:06:33 -0600
From:      Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Got a new server, installing FreeBSD on it

The only hardware that has given me any problem with my FreeBSD
installations are network cards and video cards.

The network cards didn't cause a problem--they usually just weren't
supported and didn't work.  And some video cards have given me headaches in
trying to install XFree86, which is more of an issue with XFree86 than
FreeBSD, but it's a very fuzzy line when you're stuck for hours.  Even when
the cards did work, getting the right linemode/clock settings can be a big,
fat PITA.  Hopefully your experience will be better.

<< Chip Morton >>