Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 21:56:56 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, ahasty@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it just me, or are people forgetting how to write mail?

> Aha.  Care to comment on what kind of feeling?
I if have to summarize in one word: passion.

Me thinks that as we progress our user install based is getting
complacent , lacks passion , and does not like to  engage on
active development somewhat akeen to a TV couch potatoe culture.
The other sprectrum is the culture that grabs FreeBSD and runs like hell
not necessarily because they don't want to participate rather because
they get entrol in their own projects or visions 8)
The latter goes way back to when I polled the group just curious for I felt
that the activities around the OS where suspiciously quiet. Found out
1. a user complaint that he didn't have enough virtual memory to create
his  digital elevation map of the planet, others were doing jet design, radar
control, neural-network research, OSF complained that X back then
was not doing 1280x1024 and they really needed that for testing, etc...

I do see a great surge to communicate or the need to be heard  that
by itself is rather interesting if you are into providing technology 8)

	Regards,
	Amancio