Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2007 23:05:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gvirstor "newfs" problem - help needed

Hi!

--- Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr> wrote:
> cg 0: bad magic number

I know that message from my tests with graid5...
It was clearly caused by a bug in graid5, but I cannot remember when or why it
happened...
I would guess, it happened because of some cache or request-sorting
mismanagement (the write didnt take place but the read was executed; or the
second write took place before the first write)... Is that possible in
gvirstor? Does newfs create such a request-pattern (overlapping write requests
<-- would be a little bit astonishing)?

But I can definitely say, that it was a bug in graid5...

Just my 2 pennies...

Bye
Arne

http://sims.yahoo.com/