Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:22:56 +0100
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        lists@security.za.net
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW / IP Filter question

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 11:28:49PM +0200, lists@security.za.net wrote:
> A quick question, is it possible to copy all traffic coming into a
> particular interface to a divert socket, while still having the traffic
> also running normally and taking normal routes etc.
>
> I would have thought you would use the tee option in ipfw for this, but
> its not implemented yet according to my man pages, so I was wondering if
> there was another way to do this, cause it makes traffic analysis a hell
> of a lot easier if I can do this rather than having to sniff it with bpf
> or something.

I can;t answer this for ipfw (though IIRC there does exist a tee option
in -current for ipfw).
With ipfilter you can dup al traffic to an alternate device, like a tunnel
device.

e.g:
	pass in on lo0 dup-to tun0 from localhost to localhost
or:
	pass in on lo0 dup-to ed0:1.2.3.4 from localhost to localhost
where 1.2.3.4 is a machine on the same lan as ed0.

-Guido