Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:22:37 -0700
From:      Joe Warner <rootman@xmission.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   No question - Just a Thank You.

A while ago, I had sent an email to -questions titled
"Help make FreeBSD Shine".

In this email, I had asked if anyone could help me find
a way to effectively monitor the status of critical server
nodes on our LAN.

I was immediately bombarded with a storm of
email messages containing helpful recommendations.

The majority recommended I try the Big Brother
System and Network Monitor found in
/usr/ports/net/bb  or http://www.bb4.com/

This is the solution I've decided to go with and
so far, I'm extremely impressed with it.

The configuration was minimal and I was able to
have it up and running in no time.  Our MIS department
now has a nice looking and centrally located place to
get information on all of our NT and IBM iSeries (AS/400)
servers.

All of my managers have been really impressed and now
I'm scheduled to demo the capabilities of FreeBSD and
Big Brother for our office director next week.

Though I'm extrememly happy and impressed with
Big Brother, I'm even more impressed with the
prompt and helpful responses I got from everyone
on this list.

You all are a credit to the BSD community!

Thank you so much!

Joe