Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:56:52 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <shevlandj@kpi.com.au>
To:        "Drew Lister" <dlister@crossoft.com>, "Sean Kelly" <kelly@ad1440.net>, <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Trying to Create a simple Bean

Hi Drew,

JServ cannot find the class file for your DiceBean class.

Its been a while since I've used JServ (Tomcat is a much
better alternative). If DiceBean is not associated
with a package (e.g. no package com.foo.bar in Java source)
then it should be fine to compile DiceBean.class and then
place a reference to its directory or JAR file in (I think)
jserv.properties as this is where the CLASSPATH is set up.

I would keep your class files for a particular web app in
both i) a structured package format and ii) a JAR file, just
for namespace cleanliness.

Tomcat makes things a lot easier in terms of class loading
too, you can just whompf all your class files into
<WA>/WEB-INF/classes or JAR's into <WA>/WEB-INF/lib.

Regards,
Joe