Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:36:57 +0100
From:      cpghost@cordula.ws
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Steganographic FS for FreeBSD?

Hello,

is there some equivalent to StegFS [1] on FreeBSD; preferably
in combination with GBDE?

Yes, I'm aware of the problem with StegFS cited in paragraph
4.1 of [2] by Poul-Henning Kamp:

"If we include the attacker in the analysis, she will soon know
that the facility used is STEGFS, and consequently that multiple
levels of keys are not only a possibility but to be expected."

However, having StegFS as an optional part of GBDE would be a
good idea anyway. If everyone has a StegFS-capable GBDE by
default in the OS, wouldn't that help increase the deniability
of it being *used* in the first place?

1: http://www.mcdonald.org.uk/StegFS/
2: http://phk.freebsd.dk/pubs/bsdcon-03.gbde.paper.pdf

Thanks,