Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 02:50:16 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Alfred <perlsta@hotjobs.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need "no kludge" solution for socket->uid mapping

On Sat 1998-10-10 (17:55), Alfred wrote:
> i'm trying to code a threaded ident server
> (yes i know one already exists)
> however i'm finding the way that socket->uid mappings are done to be VERY
> UGLY(tm) unless i cheat :)
>
> then it gets worse when i try to find what port the socket is actually
> bound to.

I'm not sure if this helps, but take a look at the lsof code, it does all
sorts of fun things, which you can limit to specific ports, and things
like that.

ie, if I wanted to know who was using port 3400, I'd do:

lsof -i :3400

and it'd return something like...

irc-4.4  1291  bvi    4u  inet 0xf77aede0      0t0  TCP xxxx:3400->yyyy:6667

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za