Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:41:20 +0800
From:      Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moving from DSL to Satellite [OT]

There are several possibilities...

You could go with satellite but forego the static IP and instead use the
services of dyndns.org - check their web site for details.

Many people in your situation go wireless, but this might not be possible in
your area. It requires certain conditions, like a cooperative neighbor with
line-of-sight view. All kinds of info is published on the web about doing this
with a wireless router and yagi antenna.

A T1 line will work, and it's an excellent choice - but expensive if you are the
sole user. You can get the cost way down by sharing with cooperative neighbors
who will no doubt be delighted to have broadband.

A less good alternative is ISDN - availability depends on where you live.

hope this helps,
Robert