Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:18:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMI Enterprise 1600 RAID and FBSD 4.2-STABLE

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Mike Smith wrote:
Hello.

Well, I'm so sorry asking that much, I read the manpages of mly and
amr and I got the info I wanted. Well, today I heard that the release
of the Mylex eXtreme RAID has been suspended for a while, I think until
end of December.

Oliver
:>
:>Please again read the page at
:>
:>http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/index.html#ami
:>
:>which lists in complete detail all of the AMI models supported.
:>
:>> Dear Sirs.
:>>
:>> Now the focus goes on AMI Enterprise 1600 RAID controler for our
:>> RAID solution and I want to ask whether this controler is also
:>> supported by FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.
:>>
:>> I was told that FreeBSD 4.2 will support AMI Elite 1600 RAID
:>> and I hope due to similar or identical design it will support
:>> the bigger type, too. Please could anyone, who has e deeper insight
:>> into what's supported an what not tell me what the status of
:>> support of AMI Enterprise 1600 RAID is?
:>>
:>> Many thanks in advance,
:>>
:>> Oliver
:>>
:>> -
:>> MfG
:>> O. Hartmann
:>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
:>> ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de
:>>
:>> Klimadatenserver-Abteilung des IPA
:>> IT Netz- und Systembetreuung
:>> Johannes Gutenberg-Universitaet Mainz
:>> Becherweg 21
:>> D-55099 Mainz
:>> BRD/Germany
:>>
:>> Tel: +496131/3924662
:>> FAX: +496131/3923532
:>>
:>>
:>>
:>> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
:>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-hardware" in the body of the message
:>>
:>
:>--
:>... every activity meets with opposition, everyone who acts has his
:>rivals and unfortunately opponents also.  But not because people want
:>to be opponents, rather because the tasks and relationships force
:>people to take different points of view.  [Dr. Fritz Todt]
:>           V I C T O R Y   N O T   V E N G E A N C E
:>
:>
:>

-