Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 02:20:41 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My monitor's got the Shakes...

On Sun, Sep 21, 1997 at 11:09:57PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > go mad if I keep using it... I'm going to check and see if this is
> > something that can be fixed for cheap, otherwise I'll be looking for a
> > new monitor - what's recomended these days?
>
> In 17", I've always been partial to the Sony monitors.  I also have a
> Panasonic PanaSync5 which has always delivered fine performance, as
> has my "Impression 7" (from which manufacturer is unclear from looking
> at the outer case and I've long since forgotten :).

I heard Hitachi has a new tube and are selling 19" (18" viewable)
monitors for about the same price as a decent 17". Anybody had a chance
to try one yet? Seems promising! I think Optiquest(Viewsonic) is using
the Hitachi tube now too.

-Mark

> 					Jordan

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark

	 finger mark@quickweb.com for my PGP key and GCS code
"The newest book, The Dilbert Future, took a broader view, describing how
idiots will threaten every aspect of business, technology and society in
the future."	--Scott Adams